Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Bookshelf Challenge

I was tagged quite awhile ago by Danielle from A Digression with the Dark. Thank you muchly, Danielle :)

My bookshelf is my most favorite thing in the whole world. I spend my spare time rearranging my books in different ways, or sometimes I just sit back and stare at all my beautiful books. (Creepy and possessive, right?) When I saw this tag going around the blogosphere a little part of me wanted desperately to do it. But I knew that the most probable thing would be that I wouldn't get tagged. Well, obviously I did get tagged, and this is dreadfully late, but I'm happy to finally get it out!

Without further ado...

1) Is there a book that you really want to read but haven't because you know it'll make you cry?
Dude, if a book promises to make me weep it will be at the top of my TBR list. Seriously, when a book is powerful enough to touch my emotions it's a beautiful thing, and I don't try to run from it, I embrace it. And so, no, there are no books on my shelf that promise to make me cry. I have read them all.

2) Pick one book that helped introduce you to a new genre.
I read everything, so I'm not quite sure what to put here. There are so many books that have introduced me to new genres. I don't own Cinder yet, but I've got Scarlet, so I'll go with The Lunar Chronicles. Cinder was probably my first ever hard-core YA book. I was very hesitant about it at first, but it is now one of my favorites. I'm now a proud Lunar Chronicles hipster! I loved it before it was cool! ;)

3) Find a book that you would like to reread.
All of them. Seriously. Someday I just want to go through my entire bookshelf and read every one of my books again. But right now I really want to pick up Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and The Help again.

4) Is there a book series you read but wish that you hadn't?
Whenever I start a series or something I feel committed to it. I always always want to know what is going to happen, even if the series is less-than-extraordinary.
I started The Staff and the Sword series by Patrick W. Carr awhile ago. I got the first book for free on my ereader, and... yeah. It was a free book. I'm not really interested in continuing the series, which is rare for me.

5) If your house were burning down and all of your family and pets were safe, which book would you go back inside to save?
Without a doubt my beautiful Lord of the Rings box set. I know, I'm terrible for not picking my Bible...

6) Is there one book on your bookshelf that brings back fond memories?
Okay, I'm cheating here. I don't personally own this book, but I know we must have it somewhere in the house. The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes. That book is like one of my all time favorite childhood books. We read it as a family in a single day. Every time I think of it I get nostalgic.

7) Find a book that has inspired you.
Probably The Book Thief... Or Code Name Verity. WWII books are very inspiring. (Not to mention completely and utterly heart wrenching!)

8) Do you have any autographed books?
No, and this frustrates me on many levels.

9) Find the book that you have owned the longest.
I'm cheating again and saying my Bible. I am too lazy to go through all my books and determine which one I've owned longest!

10) Is there a book by an author that you never imagined you would read or enjoy?
No. I'm usually fairy good at guessing whether or not I will enjoy a book. There are quite a few that I thought I would enjoy, but didn't...
The only living photo of my bookshelf. (there are many more books scattered about my room that you can't see in the picture)
***
I don't tag people because I'm lame, so if you wish to do it, just say I tagged you. 

I know I'm uber late on this bandwagon, but if any of y'all did this challenge please leave your link in a comment. I would love to read your answers! (In a curious way, not a creepy way.)

3 comments

  1. Oooo! Loved reading your answers. And your bookshelf looks awesome! I love when people arrange it by color like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a pretty rainbow! And so coordinated! I'm boring, I stack mine by size. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bookshelf actually doesn't look like this anymore... I rearrange it all the time. It's in alphabetical order right now. :)

    ReplyDelete