Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Bookish Prom | 2014 Collection

Lately I have been finding myself dreaming more and more about prom. Of course, I'm a girl, so dreaming of prom is inevitable. All the dancing and pretty dresses, curly hair and sparkly jewelry.

I missed the deadline this year, so I'm not going. :( sad face.) But that hasn't stopped me from scrolling through the beautiful dresses on the internet, sighing over the pretty pink silks, and fluffy tulles. I love big, pretty, princess dresses, the ones that have the huge poofy skirts... yeah. (Honestly, I'm very doubtful that my dream prom dress exists, I have such a vision for it that it seems like I'm going to have quite the search when the time comes for me to actually get a dress.)

I'm sure I speak for a lot of book lovers when I say that some of the dresses on book covers are the most beautiful dresses in the world! I wish that they were actual real dresses that I could spin and twirl around in at prom. (This post was spontaniously inspired by me happy sighing over the gorgeous dresses)

I have done a ton of research, and have looked through all the books with dresses on the covers, (lies, I really just scrolled through the 'Pretty Dresses' list on Goodreads and picked my favorites) and I am ready to present to you the prom worthy dresses found on the covers of books.
Disclaimer: I have not read most of these books, I am simply examining the dresses on the covers. I also know nothing about fashion, so excuse my terrible way of describing the parts of the dresses.

First up in the 2014 Bookish Prom collection is Elizabeth Holland's pink dress from The Luxe by Anna Godberson. All of the dresses in this series are uber pretty, but this one  is probably my personal favorite. It's so big and pink! You better believe that my prom dress will definitely be pink. It also has some lacy details on the bodice. You can read my review for The Luxe here, and can hear more about my obsession with this dress.

The second dress I've selected (haha) is this pretty blue one worn by America Singer from The Selection by Kiera Cass. In my opinion this dress would be perfect for prom, with it's feathery blue skirt. Gah isn't it to die for?

But if you'd rather be more vibrant in Red I'd go for this stunning red dress like Finley Jayne in The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross.  Besides the dark red, awesome color, this dress also has a hint of Steampunk (which I love!) with the steel corset. This dress looks nice and silky, and red. I love red. Almost as much as I love pink... almost.

Everyone likes to look whimsical every once in a while, and in this next dress you'll feel just like Alice exploring your wonderland of a prom... or you'll feel like Alice Bell, ready to kill some zombies in Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter. Even though this dress isn't as noticeable on the cover as the others, I adore it! It's like the classic Alice dress from the Disney Alice in Wonderland, but with a prom worthy twist.

Fifth on the list is this lush, green number from the cover of These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman. When you get lost in outer space like Lilac LaRoux, you're going to want to be wearing this. Even if you aren't floating around in space with no gravity, this dress is sure to sway and spin beautifully and puff up beautifully.



If you want to look more dark and mysterious, or like something strange and deadly, I'd go for this long, dark, black one worn by Eleanor Fitt from Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard. It has the coolest layered skirt, a corset-looking bodice, and black, lacy gloves to complete the look.

I'm personally more of a light and friendly type, not really all dark, so I would probably go more for this dress on Jenny from The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long. This is a very simple, yet extremely pretty white dress with a tulle skirt and a nice, green ribbon around the waist to give it some color. If this was in pink, I'd scoop it up right now! It is absolutely perefect for running around in the forest, don't you think?

I really like this next one, worn by Sunday in Enchanted by Alethea Kontis. This is a nice, simple, white dress, with some seriously awesome black lace, which contrasts nicely. If I was to be going around kissing frogs, I don't know about you, but I would want to be wearing this, most definitely. I don't know, it just looks like something a frog would be drawn to. (even frogs at the prom, beware!)

You will surely be the jewel of your prom (I am just all about the puns today, aren't I? I'm so punny!) just like Violet from The Jewel by Amy Ewing. This one starts  off super sparkley on the top, but slowly fades into a silvery silk bottom. Don't you just love sparkles? It makes you feel all jewel-y.

The final dress in our 2014 collection is this elegant dress with loads of character as seen worn by Rhine Ellery in Wither by Lauren DiStefano. It also has a sparkely top, but in a cool, goldy color, but the bottom is this great, feathery, tulle-y, weird stuff that looks super fun to dance and twirl in. You can read my review for Wither here, or you can just stay here and admire the pretty cover... I think I'll do that.

***

There you are! The top ten book dresses I would most defintely wear to prom (if I ever go).

To see all these gorgeous dresses up close, or to put the books on your TBR, just follow the links below.


Out of all of these, which one is your favorite? What are some dresses on book covers that you would definitely wear to prom?

2 comments

  1. Ohhh this is such a cool idea. You picked such gorgeous book-cover-dresses! My favorite is probably the first one - I love pink, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh pretty! The Book cover of Alice in Zombieland grabbed my attention too! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete