Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Top Ten Tuesday | Episode 1

Hello, folks, today I'm going to be doing something I've never done before. A meme.

I always thought that blogging memes were really dumb, in a way. I saw so many bloggers who would only ever post memes and tags and stuff like that, and it all seemed very uninteresting after awhile. Why have a blog if you're only posting the same old memes? Answer me that!

Another thing that has kept me from doing memes is the commitment involved. Most of them are every week, and I can't take time out of my blogging schedule to make room for a million posts for memes.

I finally decided to try it out today (because no one reads my blog and I can get away with it) with this meme I've seen floating around. It was started by The Broke and the Bookish, and it's pretty awesome. As it's name implies, it's top ten lists, of like bookish stuff, which works great for me! But instead of doing it every week, I'm just going to do every other week, just because it will be easier on me and my posting schedule. (But if you don't like the whole meme thing, just let me know, and I'll stop.)

Anyway, Top Ten Tuesday!


Today's Top Ten Tuesday thing is Bookish Bucket List.

1: Read the real non-translated authentic French version of Les Miserables.

This ^ has been at the very top of my bookish bucket list ever since I watched Les Mis for the first time (best. movie. ever BTW). I am currently reading the boring English translated version, but once I am fluent in French (which will happen!) the first thing I'm going to do is read the French one. Because I can!

2: Read one-hundred books (or more, more is good) in a year.

Most of you have probably already read the big one-hundred books in year, so this might sound a bit babyish to you. I don't know what is wrong with me but I just can't ever make it. I am getting better though. In 2012 I read 24, and in 2013 48, so this year I'm kind of expecting to read 72, but I don't have a goal, so we'll see how far the Hannah can get.

3: Own all the rest of the books in all the series I have accumulated. 

Okay, this might be confuzzeling, but let me explain. I own so many random books from different series, without the rest of the series to accompany it. (the weirdest is probably These Happy Golden Years. I own that book, but not the rest of the Little House series. I know. It's odd) And I just want to get all the rest of the series, okay, so that my book collection doesn't feel so empty. (I'm sorry if that doesn't make any sense, but, hey, it's my bucket list it only has to make sense to me.)

4: Get my copy of The Book Thief signed! (or any book, I won't be picky)

Where I live, the most exciting thing that happens at my bookstore is the reading of a picture books for little kids, or a knitting club meeting (that sounds quite fun actually, but still). Hardly the place where big famous authors want to do book signings. And, since I can't get J.R.R. Tolkien to sign all of my LOTR books (because, well... you know), I'm going to have to settle for the second best. So, I am determined to track down Markus Zusak someday and get him to sign my book. (Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?)

5: Finish writing my book.

I have been working on my current WIP for a year now (happy dance), and it is very near and dear to my heart, you know, since I've wasted a year on it. But lately I just want to be done with it! First drafts are the bane of my existence, and this one is sure to kill me. Ugh! Why can't it just write itself?

6: Get my book published.

Totally different thing here. Once I get my manuscript finished and polished and pretty, I would really like to get it published. Of course I'd love to get any book published, but hey, I've spent a year on this one, so of course I want to see it get published and let other people read it.

7: Read everything on my TBR.

This is an impossible one, because my TBR is growing scarier everyday, and I can't imagine ever finishing it. But, again, I can dream.

8: Find a bookish job someday. (maybe)

You know how confuzzeled I am over... everything. So this may not apply in ten years, but I think it would be so cool to have a bookish job, like not writing (though, I will write books), I mean at a publishing company or something. That sounds awesome. If I could find a job that includes books and travel, I'm in!

9: Read more self-published stuff.

I never ever read self-published stuff. because since the libraries and book stores never carry them you have to take a chance and buy them and pay for shipping and everything. (unless you get an ebook, which doesn't work for me because I am personally on strike against ereaders, but I'll explain all about that in another post) It can be terrifying, but I know there's talent out there, and I want to give those self-published authors a chance.

10: Watch Divergent.

It's the most unfair thing because everyone in the world is seeing Divergent except me. :( sad face. So, you better watch out, someday I'll see it, and I'll explode, most definitely.
***

There's my list.

If you also did this, feel free to link to your post in the comments, I'd love to read yours. :)

12 comments

  1. I loved reading this list. We share a lot of the same book-ambitions! :)

    I'm not usually a meme person either, but I think this one is great! I'm hoping to do one next Tuesday - the theme next week is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is fantastic that you are giving self-published authors a chance. From all I read online, self-published authors are doing just that, self-publishing because of many reasons and the traditional houses are worried about it because more writers are preferring self-publishing for the freedom. Editors of traditional houses WILL edit something from your story and I don't like that because it could ruin the author's "voice" of the story. Self-published stories are unedited, uncensored, a person's point-of-view untouched--freedom!

    On behalf of all of us self-published authors, thanks Hannah for giving us a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be nice if JRR Tolkien was around to sign our books. :) That would be my dream come true. :)
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2014/03/top-ten-things-on-my-bookish-bucket-list.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen Divergent either, so you're not alone. Honesty, I'm always a little nervous seeing movies based on books. Very nice list.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yay! I can't wait to read your post next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be everyone's dream come true! sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, me too, but it's like my favorite dystopian, so I kind of have to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to read everything on my TBR! The problem is that I keep adding to it faster than I can read them! I love how this is a Top Ten Tuesday. You may want to link up to the original Bookish Bucket List, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wildstar power leveling

    Man, you scared the shoot/crap out of me!

    ReplyDelete