Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Hello 2014

When I look back on 2013, one of the big things I think about is books.

2013 has probably been the biggest reading year I have ever had in my life.

My original goal at the beginning of the year was 100 books, but once I realized that that would mean reading 2 books a week, I decided that was a bit of an impossible feet, so I lowered it down to 50.

In 2012 I had tried 50 books, but only got to about 25. 

2013 I am pleased to say I did more than half of that, and made it out having read 48 books, many of which were super thick classics.

I may not have made my goal, but I feel like a winner.
***
Needless to say that this year I'm going to be making some changes to my reading schedule.
Throughout the year of 2013 I realized how much I want to re-read old favorites. And how much I want to read more classics.

So, this year I'm taking a break from reviewing.

Hear me out, okay.

By, 'I'm taking a break from reviewing', I don't mean a total break. 

I am going to finish the reviews I still have on the list, and every once in a while, when I read a book that is just oh too good to not share with you, then I promise I will review it! (you can also find me on Goodreads to see what I'm up to reading-wise)

I'm still going to do the essay thing on Ivanhoe, but I think I'll do that on my other blog if you don't mind.

Obviously this will be different. And I'm still not sure if I'm exactly comfortable with it yet.
***
Happy 2014, and see you soon,

Hannah

P.S. the books featured in this post are some of my favorite reads of 2013. :)

2 comments

  1. Yay! Forty-eight books is great :) It will be a fun year ahead of reading, that's for sure. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get a bit intense to be reading so much, eh? Particularly if you're a busy person with lots of other commitments. I'm aiming for 100 books this year. I did it last year, and it wasn't too stressful for me. But reading 2 books a week feels REALLY hard sometimes, eh?!

    ReplyDelete