Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Watching the year fly by

Well, it's that time of year again... When we say a fond farewell to the year, and a howdy-doo to the new one.

Like every year, 2013 has had it's ups and it's downs. Though, for me it seems almost as if it has sped by far to fast for me to really enjoy it.

This was the year I read (almost) fifty books (okay, I have to finish two today, but it shall get done!), which is super exciting, because that's more than half of what I read last year. I preformed in Pride and Prejudice, and learned that I really quite enjoy English Country Dancing... and I mean really enjoy it. I've laughed, I've cried. My heart has been broken, and mended. I've grown in my writing, and reading, and internet  stuff. This was the year I took the plunge and started a website/professional blog.

2013 has been a year of change.

And I'm positive that 2014 shall be no exception.

I don't usually make new years resolutions. I can't ever think of anything worthy enough, or fantastic enough, so I just let the year go by without any real plas. But in these last couple months I have come across so many things that I desperately want to do in the new year, that I have decided to make a list.

#1: I want to be a more active blogger.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been posting as much as I've been wanting to. I knew that you all didn't want another post of: "my inspiration is dead, so I'm writing this wonder of a post to compensate for it. Love me." Yeah. So I need to get back in the swing of things. I'm going to mean, and force myself to post. I'm sure things will get back to normal after a couple of weeks.

#2: I want to read.

Well, yes, no matter what I'm going to read, but I want to go about it a bit differently this year. I don't want to be stressed out to make my reading goal this year, I just want to read and see how far I'll get. I also want to re-read my favorites again, and I want to read classics, lots of classics. And... just read!

#3: I want to write.

Writing is like reading, I would do it whether it's on this list or not. But my single goal for writing is simply this: finish the first draft of my book. I have worked so hard on this book, that not finishing it seems out of the question. But I also want to start something new. I've been working on my current WIP since April (or before April... I can't remember. It's been a long time!), so I want to get it done! Of course, other goals like doing NaNoWriMo again would be nice, but right now I'm working on this manuscript.
***

 Reading, Writing, and Blogging. That's 2014 for me.

What are your goals for the new year?

And, of course, have a Happy New Year. :)

6 comments

  1. Those are great resolutions!! I don't usually make them either, but this year I'm going to try to 1) read the Bible (preferably every day) 2) keep my room clean, and 3) set aside some time for writing my story.
    You have a lovely blog and I'm so glad that I know you!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, this year has gone by super fast! Those sound like good stress-free resolutions. And I didn't know you are writing a manuscript. Good luck and wish you lots of success! Never give up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I would love to read and write more, too. But we'll have to see. :P I hope you're able to blog more, too. :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the comment on my blog! It sounds like we've read a lot of the same books. :)

    Happy New Year! Hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!! This year I want to persue my interests such as reading and baking and also do well in my junior cert ://

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. X To read books that I've never thought I'd ever read.

    X To write more!

    And good luck!

    Tabby (http://tabbys-corner.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete