Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

I've got my own door!


There it is. Marvel at it's beauty.

Okay, yes, it looks rather boring at the moment... I mean really, it doesn't even have a doorknob. But to me this door is a long awaited luxury. 

It's been well over two years since I moved out of the room I shared with my sisters, and I finally, finally get a door. 

Here's a boring back story that you probably won't care about; there are three bedrooms in our house. One for my mom and dad, and two large bedrooms for us kids to live in.

We moved into this house several years ago when we only had five kids, three girls and two boys. So this whole three bedroom thing worked out just perfectly for a time... then Emma was born, and before we knew it she needed a place to sleep.

So the plan was to split the boys room in half, since they had plenty of room, and stick me on the opposite side.

Naturally, I was ecstatic to get my own room, and packed up my things, and moved myself over.

The only thing to separate me from my little brothers was a couple shower curtains... for two years.

Flash back to the present, and I finally have that wall and door, making my little space behind a curtain a "bedroom".


If you'll please excuse the out-of-focusness, you'll see that this is the view of my room from the door. Ain't it the cutest thing you ever did see?

It still needs a bit of paint, and swall sturf, but yup, that's the basic room. It's small, but really, I love it. It's cozy. And I'm not claustrophobic, so the smallness doesn't bother me.

I like having my own place, for me to live in and take care of. 

So. Yeah. Ladies and gentlemen (assuming I even have gentlemen readers), my room!


And just for kicks, here's my bookshelf against the shiny new wall. :) I take great pride in my bookshelf. 

8 comments

  1. Yay! I'm sure having a door instead of curtains is very exciting and nice! lol

    I couldn't help but notice on your bookshelf you have part of the Millie Keith series! It's been ages since I last saw my family's copies but my sister and I nearly wore them with all the re-reads when we were younger; and you are the first person I've met on blogger who also has them! Ahh! :D

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something to be said for a well-curated bookshelf :) very exciting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! :) Your room is so pretty! :)

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I know how wonderful it is to have your own room after having to share one!

    Your bookshelf looks like it's full of great books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo cool! Congrats on having your own bedroom. That is so exciting!! Enjoy! And thanks for the recommendations you gave me on my blog. I will give LiveMocha a try. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely bookshelf with a great collection of book! Congrats on your door! :)

    ReplyDelete