Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

so... I'm a s'more now

source
So, I have been sitting here at my laptop for over a week now trying to think of how exactly to start this post.

It should be simple to explain my first day of school... but no. My "First Day of School" post has turned into a "First Week of School" because I have been so lazy. 

But, no matter. Highschool is hard... it's a good excuse. 

Anyway, yeah. I started school this Monday. 

On my own actually...

You see, I wasn't suppose to start school until the day after Labor Day, but for reasons I shall explain later, I decided to start school earlier then the rest of the household.

For starters, I was still behind in things (mainly icky science :P) from last year, and wanted to get that done with before starting my actual first week of school.

...And we are going to Kansas soon after we start school, so I thought it'd be nice to get a head start. 

...And, the strangest of all, I wanted to start school early.

I'm sure there are some of you out there rolling your eyes while reading this, mumbling "weird homeschooler person" under your breath. But really I did want to start school early.

For some reason I'm always like this at this time of year. 

I have taken enough time to relish the nice break, and have taken advantage of the free time to actually get some things done. But now I've just got nothing to do, and want school to occupy me.

Okay... I guess I am weird.

But I am very proud of my progress. 

I am usually the absolute worst procrastinator in the whole of creation, but I have fought off the urge to join my brothers and sisters in watching TV, or some other distraction, and actually did school everyday all week!

I can't tell you how happy I am! 

When you are homeschooled, your whole school year progress could depend on how well your first week goes. At least for me, this has been proven true.

So, I have had a very successful first week of being a Sophomore... or a s'more. Like how they say in Before I Fall... yes, I know that it's sort of suppose to be mean in the book... but frankly spelling out Sophomore takes forever, so I shall be known as a S'more on this blog from now on... just letting you know before you go crazy trying to figure out what a s'more had to do with this post.

Here I go... deeper and deeper into the world of highschool. Will I ever get out?     

7 comments

  1. I know what you mean; I'm a homschooler and I get so excited for the first day of school - most of my friends are like, "you're actually wanting school to start?" haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting school for this year! :) We just finished our first week, too. I'm starting my Freshman year of high school. :)

    God bless,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here. I love school and can't wait to start. (It'll be my freshman year) Good for you! Resisting the urge to watch tv and doing school! :)

    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on starting school early! I've got some catching up to do too....
    xo
    sw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, love the abbreviation. :)
    I nominated you for an award! http://idlewildcl.blogspot.com/2013/08/elegant-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for being a s'more! And double yay for starting school early. I am so happy for you that you decided to start school early. I go to public school, so I can't choose when I get to school, unfortunately. :(

    Love yourself,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha I have to admit, I MIGHT have been whispering that under my breath..just a little. I think it's admirable though, I wish I had the same drive to start early! So in that respect, congratulations! I hope you enjoy being a sophomore :)

    ReplyDelete