Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

I fear

Fear is a funny thing when you really think about it... I mean really what is it? Is it an idea? An illusion? I don't know.

Humans can fear the most ridiculous things, or the most serious things. (Clowns and needles! seriously!)

source
But why do we fear...

If you want a scientific explanation, I don't have one. (though after consulting Google it's just a bunch of chemicals and crazy stuff like that that gets our adrenalin pumping... I don't know.)

I've been very interested in fear ever since I read Divergent. A main theme in the book is overcoming fear, to become Dauntless.

It really made me think... kind of. I mean, all the things I fear are pretty juvenile, and I guess most of it has to do with my graphic imagination. I've heard way too many news stories, watch too many movies, and have read too many books that now scary ideas are permanently etched into my brain.

I am responsible for most of my fears. My imagination made them up, and won't let me forget them.

Needless to say, I would be a very bad Dauntless...

I probably won't ever get over my fear of needles... or clowns... or stingrays, but I know that God can hold my hand and let me know it's okay, even over something as silly as a stingray fear.

So... there's my deep though for the day.

What do you fear? 

5 comments

  1. I actually just love everything you write! Lovely post! :)

    I fear missing a moment. It's hard to explain but I'm just scared that if I say "no" to something then I'll miss something or someone unforgettable. Also, I'm scared that someone is going to break into the house when I'm alone and I won't even know it's happening haha. I've had that nightmare one too many times >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm very interesting, what you wrote, I like reading your posts :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about this too, lately. As for me...I think I fear too much about what other people think about me. Great post, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete