Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

I'm back from camp!

source
Howdy! I am finally back from CampNaNoWriMo!!! :D

It's hard to believe it's over! Wow. One month goes by super quick, doesn't it?

When I started camp on July 1st, I really didn't know what to expect... I mean, I had heard about NaNoWriMo, and CampNaNo a lot, and have always, always wanted to do it.

I have writing friends who have won NaNo and CampNaNo several times, and I felt like I could maybe do it too.

It's all over now and I... didn't win. :(

But I got really close.

My goal was 30,000 words of my book in one month! Even if you aren't a writer, that's a lot.

My final word count for the month was 22,258 words. Phew! It took a lot of work, and a lot of time to get that number, and even if it's not my original goal number, I'm still proud of it.

I know I didn't win, and really, I'm okay with it. It was really challenging with 4-H week to even come close to winning, but isn't that the point of NaNoWriMo? To just write everyday, no matter how busy it gets? I guess I'm just going to have to learn how to find time to write, even during a week as crazy as 4-H week, or even tech week. (oooh, tech week writing... that should be fun... I can't even imagine the kind of things I would write during tech week)

Even though I didn't meet my goal, I am so happy! I've written more in this book than I ever have in any other book I have written. And I feel like I have learned so much about myself, my writing, and my book. I have discovered things in my book that don't work, and have had to figure out how to fix it.

I am more excited than ever at writing this book, and am determined to finish it! We have just been through so much together, i would hate to see it fizzle out and die like all the other books I've written.

So like the meme says,

Keep calm and write on :)

Here are my shaky stats. You see that big dip in the middle? Yeah... that was 4-H week. :P

Did any of you do CampNaNo? If so, how did you do? :)

6 comments

  1. Love the positive attitude! That's more words then I've ever done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did Camp NaNo but only as that pusher to help finish the first draft of last years NaNo novel, which I did managed. I didn't make my word count either but it wasn't the point, so I felt good about myself too! I'm glad you tried it and had a good time with it; it's a lot of fun, especially if you have people you can do it with! :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 22,258 words! That's great! More than I have ever written on one story. Just getting that far shows how determined you are as a writer. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried doing NaNoWriMo, but it was kind of a fail...I got to like 4,000 words XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Hannah! That's about as much as I wrote in the first 100-4-100 Challenge this year. . . .

    This August is shaping up to be a great month for writing, I think. I'm hoping to join 2013's second 100-4-100 Challenge, as well as the Go Teen Writers Writing Retreat.

    ReplyDelete