Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

To Write Something Serious

source
I love writing.

I have been thinking this all month while doing Camp NaNoWriMo, I really do love to write. I love putting words on the page, to create something out of nothing but a pen and paper.

But there is one genre I just simply can't write at all... Nonfiction.

My mom and I are polar opposites when it comes to writing. I'm the really big creative writer. I'd much rather weave together a story than write a report. But my mom is actually a technical writer and couldn't even think of writing creatively.

Why am I writing this? Well, the short of it is, I need to write a report. A serious one. And I am having quite a time trying to put it together. I'm not enjoying it.

Nonfiction to me is so boring. Just stating facts in no interesting format.

I can see why it would be important for me to learn how to write critically, but frankly, I don't want to.

Am I the only one who has trouble with Nonfiction writing? I don't know. I guess I'm just weird.



8 comments

  1. I don't like writing nonfiction either! I'm a fiction, and sometimes fantasy person. I'm going into my junior year, and I'm going to have to start writing research reports! Not looking forward to that at all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way. :) Writing nonfiction feels sort of strange to me. :P That's one reason why I love historical fiction. It teaches me the facts and gives me a story to love. I remember what I learn about historical events in a living book way better than I remember what I learn in a textbook! :)

    God bless,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hate it as well. But then I took an English 2 class in college, which is "Logic and Reasoning" or something like that. I was really skeptical at first, but I *so* enjoyed it in the end because he taught me SO much about writing logically while encouraging my creative writing at the same time. It is definitely a hurdle for the fiction writer to overcome, but you will be a better one in the end for it! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That... is so like me and my mom. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. . .I don't struggle too much with writing papers and things like it, but writing a nonfiction book might be kind of challenging! I would far rather write creatively, like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No thats me as well. I l-o-v-e creative writing, but I suck at nonfiction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Write something like Narnia, to me it's like non-fiction! Haha, no just kidding, don't do that.

    -Natalie the Narnia Lover <<<---- Okay that sounds cheesy.

    ReplyDelete