Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

To Change my Name

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.~ Juliet
source
I do like my name, really I do. It sounds pretty, is easy to spell, and has a nice meaning, but sometimes it's hard to be a Hannah.

When my parents named me back in the '90s, the name Hannah was actually an uncommon name. My parents say that they didn't have much trouble naming me. They thought that Hannah was a pretty and unique name... but so did the rest of the world.

I looked it up, and the year that I was born, Hannah was the second most popular name. Every other person I meet has the same name as me. It's fun sometimes.

"Hi Hannah" I say.

"Hi Hannah" She says.

"Bye Hannah" I say.

"Bye Hannah" She says.

It's cool. Plus I have no trouble at all spelling my name backwards.

But the thing is... there are a lot of Hannahs. Especially in the blog world. Whenever I comment on someone's blog post I bet they are like "Yay! a new comment... Hannah... which one?"

I've tried to think about what I would name myself if I could change my name (even though I will most definitely not change my name. I just wonder for fun) and it keeps changing. I can't decide. I like all sorts of names.

Hummm... this is a mess of a post, but if you guys could name me, or re-name yourself, what would the name be?

I apologize for this thoughtless post.

6 comments

  1. Oh, my goodness Hannah!
    Are yo mirroring my thoughts...I was thinking about that yesterday too. Because my parent's named me Sarah and not only was it popular then...it's popular now all kinds of Sarah's are popping up everywhere and a couple times I tried to think up a name that would fit me just as well...so I plopped down in my swivel chair and stared at myself in the mirror trying to think of a new name until finally I gave up...Sarah suited me to a tee it absolutely surprised me how my mom was so skilled. It's not that I don't like the name Sarah I mean I love it! I think it's one of the prettiest names out there and I'm honored to be the one name she's wanted to name a daughter her whole life (there were two others before me who had a chance) but it just get's kind of frustrating to see so many Sarah's all of the sudden your name isn't so special. Anyways that's how I'm feeling lately. :)
    Your Friend
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my name! Even though it is pretty common, right Sarah (Poem Girl)? But I love it anyway! Do you know the meaning of your names? Sarah means "princess", which is so true because I am the daughter of a King! Hannah means, if you didn't know already, "favour" or "grace." ^__^

    If I had to, for any reason, change my name, I would probably choose Ashar, because it is actually an anagram of Sarah, and quite unique. =] The variant "Asher" (in the Bible, a son of Jacob) means "happy." Of course, one of my favorite names ever is Safia. I do not know the origin or meaning, but it will probably be the name of a future daughter...

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Hannah! Isn't that what blogging is for? ;D
    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean - Kara wasn't very popular when I was born but now I know lots of people named Kara. I don't know if I want to change my name... haha. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You all got what I was trying to say! My mind is at ease... :)

    Hannah in Neverland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean! :) My name is Emma, and on Blogger I know like 13 people with the name Emma!! That's the reason I want people to start calling me Emma Kate again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, I have the opposite problem. My pen name is Pepper but my actual name is Alyssa. And there aren't that many Alyssas (that I know of) out there. Instead, whenever I tell someone my name, they think I said 'Melissa', 'Elisa', 'Lisa', 'Alisha' ,etc, etc. It's funny when people at Starbucks write down one of the many ways to spell Alyssa. (Or they make up a new way) :)

    ReplyDelete