Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Me on Independence Day

source
Hello, I'm Hannah and I am the most unpatriotic person in the whole of the United States. Yup, that's me.

I can be somewhat of a sour-puss when it comes to Independence day.

When I think of Red, White, and Blue I think of England or France. I don't like bald eagles or sweet iced tea. I'm not really a big fan of anything to do with this country.

I'm a European lass stuck in the area of the USA with the most boring accent. (My dad actually told me that where we live is where the american accent is the most pure... that's just my luck.)

The 4th of July is actually my least favorite holiday of the whole year.

I mean, I get it, I really do, and it's great to celebrate our freedom, I just don't get into it.

To me it's just a normal day with fireworks at the end.... exciting.

I'm sorry if I'm making independence day totally depressing for you, but really. It's hard for me to explain why I don't like this holiday or this country. My siblings think I'm weird, and maybe I am.

I just want to leave this country as soon as I can, if God gives me a way.

Well, happy 4th to you all anyway.


8 comments

  1. You're not weird! I'm not quite like you (I don't like where this country is going but I like its past) but if someone was to hand me a ticket to Europe (preferably Ireland!), I'm defiantly taking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Ireland!!!! :) Okay, I'm done.

      Delete
    2. Haha! Oh I would totally hop a plane to Ireland. :) I actually agree with you too, Hannah. This country is turning into a big ol' piece of trailer trash. But no country is perfect, and that's the same for England, Ireland, Australia, wherever.

      Piper♥

      Delete
  2. Happy Britain-take-us-back! Day. LOL! That was NOT original. :D

    I can totally relate to what you are saying ... and (for the record) if I had a British accent I would talk to myself all day and all night. LOVE, LOVE, XOXOXOXOXOX British accents!!!!!!!! *fan-girl swoon*

    Anyway, happy forth ... and bald eagles ARE ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I was just trying to explain this to my mom today. I also describe myself as unpatriotic - totally understand where you're coming from! (this is one of those moments when I wish I could live in the UK, #GodSavetheQueen!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, someone I can relate to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way, Hannah. I would much rather be spending my 4th of July in Paris. Did you hear? I'm going to live there one day. Just wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you will, dear Sarah! :)

      Delete