Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

It's Anne... with an 'e'

I have discovered that I had a very deprived childhood... not that my childhood was bad at all, actually I loved my childhood deeply and wish to go back to my warm, fuzzy, soft days of being a little girl. Right now I want to go back to my childhood days to introduce myself to one person; Anne Shirley.

source
 You guys might find it hard to believe, but it's true, I haven't ever watched or read anything Anne of Green Gables until April... this April.

When my dear friend (or kindred spirit) Abby heard that I had never watched the Anne movies, she sacrificed whatever big birthday party she had planned and decided to have my sisters and I over to spend the whole night watching Anne. And if you have ever watched those movies, you would know that they aren't short.

I'm talking staying up until 3:00 a.m watching movies... but I regret nothing!

The first thing I thought after watching the movies were "Why haven't I ever watched these before?" the second one was "I have to read the book(s)" ! 
It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will. ~Anne with an 'e'
When I got the first book for my birthday, you better believe I wanted to read it right away.

I have found a real kindred spirit in Anne. Even though I'm not an orphan, and can not sympathize with her over the wretchedness of having red hair, I feel like how most people do. I think the reason people connect with her so well is just... the way she sees the world and all it's beauty in a poetic way, her imagination that gets her through a lot of hard times, and often gets her in trouble.

When the time machine is invented I will go back and give my younger self the Anne of Green Gables book, yes I will. :)

13 comments

  1. Anne is so funny!! :D Until later, kindred spirit... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Anne! She made my childhood so much more magical! I'm sad you didn't grow up with her... but better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Anne! She's so beautiful and smart and imaginative. And I agree with Lacy: "better late than never". You should read the rest of the series now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Anne, one of my all time favorites! My favorite movie is the second movie. When she is older! :)
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4247273

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen the movie or read her book. how long is the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. like three hours per disc and there are two discs per movie, so.... pretty long.

      Delete
  6. You aren't the only one who didn't have Anne as a part of your childhood--at least kind of. I saw the movies but because they were so long my mom limited them to only special occasions, which were few and far apart. And I never had access to the books. So I feel like I didn't really grow up with Anne myself. I do love the stories now, though, especially the movie Anne of Avonlea.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post. I'm glad you were able to discover the amazingness that is Anne of Green Gables. I love the books and movies. I agree, most people connect with Anne. Not only does she have a great imagination and a beautiful way of seeing things. I love that she is bold and stands firm in what she thinks is right.
    Okay, I'm done freaking out.
    Oh wait, one more thing, I also have a teeeeeny crush on Gilbert. I mean, really.;)

    -Victoria Horea

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the Anne of Green Gables Movies! I have watched 'em all at least four times each!

    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne Shirely and the movies are so CUUUUUUUUUUUTE! I seriously quote her and them A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne of green gable is my favorite series! I didn't start reading them until the beginning of the year, so don't worry about not reading them when you were younger. I've found you can really understand things from your childhood much simpler once you've grown some sense of what it actually means when you're older:)

    Katy:)

    ReplyDelete