Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Clockwork Princess


First Line: "I'm afraid," said the little girl sitting on the bed.

About: A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.

Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.

As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy. (goodreads)


Author: Cassandra Clare

Pages: 570

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Review: *Warning: Review Contains Spoilers!*

I don't usually like to have spoilers in my reviews, but if any of you have read Clockwork Princess or The Infernal Devices, (which I hope you have if you are reading this review) you should know it would be impossible to write something about this book without spoilers!

My heart is still throbbing.

I don't even know where to begin because there is so stinkin' much I want to touch on.

Man I've been wanting to get my feelings out about this book forever, and now I don't even know what to say!

I love this series, so, so much, and I knew going into this book that I would be an emotional mess, because in this book I would figure everything out! Jem or Will, what Tessa is, everything. But what I didn't realize was just how much this book was going to pound my emotions into little tiny pieces!

I started this book, and just kept on reading for as long as I could because I just wanted to know what would happen... and ugh!

I feel like I should start with something small before I get into the big stuff here, Gideon and Sophie, and Gabriel and Cecily. 

When Gideon started showing Sophie attention in the second book, I did not trust the Lightwood brothers at all! All I could think was, Gideon, if you break Sophie's heart, I will break your face! And in this book I kept thinking the same thing about Gabriel and Cecily. I totally saw that they were going to be a couple from chapter one, and I thought it was genius, since Will didn't like Gabriel one bit before. They are just such a fun couple. And Gideon and Sophie were so sweet! Gahh! I'm dying.

Then there was Henry and Charlotte, who are so, so cute. I thought Henry was going to die, and being a writer, I usually love it when the author kills characters like that off, but he didn't die! I was kind of disappointed, but I was glad that he at least lost his ability to walk. (I am a very violent person, aren't I?)

And the big one; Will, Tessa, and Jem! After I read a couple chapters I felt sure that I had it figured out: Jem was going to die, and Will and Tessa were going to be together. I was dreading the scene of Jem's death and cried my eyes out when he did. I'm usually right when it comes to predicting book endings, but this time I was wrong

In the final battle scene, when you find out that Jem was a Silent Brother I literally said out loud: "WHAT!?" I had to re-read that paragraph to make sure. Jem was alive

I absolutely hated that he joined those creepy monk men. They were scary, and Jem couldn't be one of them.

Chapter 23. This was the most painful chapter I have ever had to read. When Jem says his good-bye to Will, I was crying my eyes out! This was not Jem! And Tessa was so annoying saying things like "Oh, who cares you won't ever be yourself again, at least you're alive!" I wanted to kick Tessa. I would rather he died than live without his violin. I did, I wished that Jem had died, even though he was my favorite character. I just couldn't see him like this.

And the scene between him and Will.... :'(

So Jem leaves. 

Tessa and Will get engaged, and I was happy for them. I have accepted that Will is right for Tessa. And I was so happy with that final scene when Will and Cecily go to introduce their parents to Tessa and Gabriel. It was perfect. 

But then, there was the epilogue! 

I cried the most during the epilogue. When Will died, and Jem played his violin. Will died! Ugh! I'm going to cry now.

And that final scene when you learn that Jem has been cured! I was so happy! And Tessa could be with him, and Ugh! so beautiful! 

After I was done with the book, I tried to vent out my feelings to my sister, but she had no idea what I was talking about.

I guess I need to get her to read it now...

Anyway. I loved this book the most in this whole series.

There was only one part I had to skip... so yeah.

Ahhhh! It was just too much!

And I guess I have to read The Mortal Instruments now.... yes, I haven't read The Mortal Instruments yet, don't judge!

Romance: So much, oh so much, I felt my heart was going to explode! Again, only one icky scene you need to skip, but don't let that keep you away from this book.

Violence: blood, death, yeah, there's a lot.

Other Fun Stuff: 
“A very magnanimous statement, Gideon,” said Magnus.

“I’m Gabriel.”

Magnus waved a hand. “All Lightwoods look the same to me.” 
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

“Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.” 
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

“You endure what is unbearable, and you bear it. That is all.” 
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

“Will rose slowly to his feet. He could not believe he was doing what he was doing, but it was clear that he was, clear as the silver rim around the black of Jem’s eyes. “If there is a life after this one,” he said, “let me meet you in it, James Carstairs.”

“There will be other lives.” Jem held his hand out, and for a moment, they clasped hands, as they had done during their parabatai ritual, reaching across twin rings of fire to interlace their fingers with each other. “The world is a wheel,” he said. “When we rise or fall, we do it together.”

Will tightened his grip on Jem’s hand, which felt thin as twigs in his. “Well, then,” he said, through a tight throat, “since you say there will be another life for me, let us both pray I do not make as colossal a mess of it as I have this one.” 
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

“You don't think I can fight." Tessa said, drawing back and matching his silvery gaze with her own. "Because I'm a girl."
"I don't think you can fight because you're wearing a wedding dress", said Jem. "For what it's worth, I don't think Will could fight in that dress either."
"Perhaps not," said Will, who had ears like a bat'a. "But I would make a radiant bride.” 
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

Recommended Age: 14+

Rating:

1 comment

  1. Hey. i awarded you here: http://aaaaaahhhhs.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-birthday-tomorrow-lot-of-other-stuff.html

    Layla.

    ReplyDelete