Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

A Taste of Summer

'

Okay, we've already established that Summer is my least favorite season, but- as with all seasons- there are those moments you want to remember forever so that one day when they invent the time machine (still a work in progress, but I have faith they shall perfect it before I die) you can revisit them over and over and over again.

Summer's moments are the pool splashes, the greasy county fair food, the warm, quiet nights, firefly catching. All these things are what make Summer bearable.

This weekend was the first taste of Summer for me. Going to my aunt's house and spending the day in her pool with my cousins, eating fish my grandpa caught, and poolside reading and tanning (well, reading... I just don't tan :P ) Then yesterday, for father's day getting ice cream in town. Even though I am not technically done with school (I just have a bit more to do... shhhh) I can feel the summer wave hitting me.

Happy summer!

8 comments

  1. Happy summer to you too Hannah! :)
    xo
    sw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" sitting there on a chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister is the most adorable thing! And that greasy fair food sure is great, isn't it?
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    www.inklinedwriters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Summer!! :) Love the pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these pictures make me craving for a pool! Very lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Summer's moments are the pool splashes, the greasy county fair food, the warm, quiet nights, firefly catching. All these things are what make Summer bearable."
    A to the men. I love that, and this. How is the hunch back of notre dame? I've never read it, but I have seen the movie and love that. Is it worth the read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished The Hunchback of Notre Dame the other day, and it was pretty intense. There were only a couple long, boring chapters (since the book is about saving French architecture, there's a lot about it in there), but once you get to a certain point you can't really put it down. I had to have a little break from reading once I finished it because the ending was so INTENSE! Ugh. sorry. but, really it's a great book. :)

      Delete
  7. Love your pictures! Sound like it was a good memorable day! ....I dont tan either well I have to BAKE before I tan! Haha That meens I look like and feel like a crab for a while! Hahaha :)

    ~Amber
    http://thelightthatiam.blogspot.com/ (follow me on my new blog!)

    ReplyDelete