Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

A Tale of Two Hannahs


If someone asked me to describe myself, I would say I'm like two very different people are living inside of me.

like two different Hannahs. The one I let people see, and the other that is trying to find her way out.

source
The first Hannah (Hannah#1 if you will) is the loud, happy, friendly, fun person who I guess I am... This the the Hannah that get's the most time outside in front of people. She want's nothing more than to make people like her. She is scared of rejection and is afraid quite often that people find her annoying. 

Then there is Hannah#2, who is quiet and shy, of course, she has to be with Hannah#1 taking the spotlight. Hannah#2 is thoughtful, observant. She has opinions, but keeps them quiet. She is the one who loves books and words. She usually let's Hannah#1 be the main personality, but she is ready for people to see her.

"I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then"~Alice in Wonderland

I've spent my whole life trying to let people see the first me, and now that the second me wants to shine, I find it difficult to change.

Whenever I'm around people they fight, and I truly wish they could find peace, a middle, where people can see both.

But #1 will always push #2 away, because #1 is scared that people won't like #2. But that's just who she is.

I've got to push #2 out a bit, something i'm still working on, because #2 has sort of excepted the fact that people won't like her, so she sits quietly in the back of my mind, but the thing is, she's tired of being quiet.

So, get ready world, Hannah#2 is emerging, and, despite what Hannah#1 says, she is going to blow your mind.

7 comments

  1. Oh Hannah. Maybe it's just me, but the Hannah I see is very much a somewhat shy book-lover, fellow writer, and wonderful blogger. And neither Hannah is annoying. We all have fears like this. Every time I open my mouth, I second guess myself over and over, reexamining my thoughts from every imaginable interpretation before I say a word. Maybe you share more of Hannah #2 with me because of our similar interests, but I love all the parts of Hannah that I see.
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    www.inklinedwriters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is a great post. I think Hannah #2 will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of that pin on Pinterest..."I have three sides. The quiet sweet side, the bombastic funny side, and the side you don't want to see." This post--and that pin--related to me quite a lot, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog, and I adore it. I love the way you write. It's very captivating and interesting. You have a new follower :)

    -Sarah
    PS: I hope you'll check out my blog, Sarah in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I just found your blog and I adore it. I love the way you write, it's very interesing and captivating. You have a new follower.

    -Sarah
    PS: I hope you'll check out my blog, Sarah in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete