Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Sister Letter


Dear Leigha,

I know I only just met you, and you don't really know who I am, but I just wanted to take the time to write this little letter for you. And even though this might just very well might get lost in the crowded internet world, I still felt like I needed to write something, for you.

You were born in a very special month. May. The same month I was born. (I will gladly share it with you ;) Though, I must admit, I was kind of happy you were born early instead of late. Not that I wouldn't want to share a birthday with you, but... you know. May 15th is a perfectly fine day for your birthday. :)

The moment I first saw you, while we were all rushing around to get to Grandma and Grandpa's house before the ice-cream melted and Grandma showed me your picture to me, announcing that you were born, I knew you were precious. You are my little baby sister, and I love you!

I can't wait to watch you grow up. To walk, to talk. Teaching you to sing and read. Watch your personality shine.

I'm sure there will be times when we'll fight. (siblings seem to do that quite a bit) But no matter what you say or do, I love you.

I will try to be a good older sister. I'll support you're dreams and goals. I'll sit with you when you cry, and give you advise.

I hope you will learn from my mistakes, and grow up to be the beautiful girl God wants you to be. :)

Love you to the moon and back,

Hannah
***

Wednesday wasn't a normal day for us. I was woken up at around 6:00 (which is early for me) by my Dad, announcing that my mom was going to the hospital to have my baby sister.

After several hours of agonizing waiting, we got to welcome Leigha (pronounced like Leah) Estelle into this big world. 

She just came home yesterday, and she is just the sweetest thing! She is most definitely a people person, and cries whenever she's left alone. 

It's been five years since we've had a baby in the house, and my little sister Emma is quite fascinated by little Leigha. :)   

We are still getting used to her around, but we love her to death, And can't wait to see what God has in store for her.

10 comments

  1. Aww that's so sweet!! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so jealous! She is just precious!

    It's been 7 years at our house...and I want another sibling! :) Crazy how after you have so many siblings, a couple more doesn't seem that hectic to you.

    Congrats on being a big sister again!
    ~Michlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Your letter was precious. I can tell you are/ and will be a great big sis!
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! SO LUCKY! My little brother was born right before I went into third grade. I really wish I would have gotten to play with him and my little sister because now they are 5 and 8 and you can't take back time. Congrats:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, so cute!!! And she has an LOTR middle name! :) I mean, technically Aragorn spelt it Estel, but still. Enjoy every minute of having another baby in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is super lucky! My dad actually wanted the first name to be Estelle, but mom didn't want it to turn into Stella, so Estelle is just her middle name. :) Thank you so much.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My youngest sibling, Pearl.was actually born at hoe and I was privileged to cuut her umbilical cord!!!! And, you know, be the third person to see and hold her. Eek!!!!

    Layla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love this post! Perfectly beautiful! So sweet!

    It's so exciting that you have a little sister and you are a good big sister. I've always wanted a little sister but wasn't able to have one. So I so know your feelings!

    I can tell your an amazing big sister! :) I'm so happy for you and your family!

    ~Amber :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww that is so sweet and thoughtful of you! wish i had done that when my sister was born :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! A sweet letter, she will truly cherish once she's older. :)

    ReplyDelete