Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Say it Loud and Say it Proud!

The funny thing about beauty is most people who are beautiful don't think they are. Everyone feels like there is something wrong about their body or face that just doesn't line up with their definition of beauty.

Everyone has a different idea of what beauty is. Some people think that jet black hair, nose piercings, and dark makeup is beautiful. Some people think that having long hair and wearing long skirts is what makes them beautiful.

No matter what your definition of beauty is, there is always going to be something that you think is wrong with you.

Like me, I strongly believe that I have the strangest shaped nose in existence. And my skin is really pale (and sickly looking if I don't get enough sleep. My arms are so skinny, they resemble noodles. Plus my hair can be a pain sometimes...

Let's just say, if it was up to me, I would probably label myself as one of the ugliest people on the planet. (Okay, maybe not the planet... but I guess I could)

There's just something about us girls. We have been cursed into seeing only our flaws.

I realize that most people who see really don't think I look as bad as I think I do, but that doesn't stop me from freaking out when I have to go out on a bad hair day!

Another thing I have noticed with us girls is that we tend to hate  other girls who are prettier than us.

When another girl thinks that she is pretty, we all label her as prideful and ugly. Well... it's true, that is very prideful, but if she is confident in how she looks, why would we shoot her down?

I don't know, I just feel like we should discourage each other, especially with our looks.

I read a quote that said that if you tell a girl she's beautiful she'll believe it for a minute, tell a girl she's ugly, she'll believe it for a lifetime. I don't think we (even as a girl) realize how true this really is.

I used to be pretty confident in how I look, but it always takes someone's opinion to change ours. Someone at some time told me that my nose was funny looking without thinking how I would take it, now I hate my nose.

Girls try to change the way they look with plastic surgery and dyes.

Why can't we all just trust that God made us just the way he wanted to, and God doesn't make mistakes. there must be something special about it for Him to put it on my face.

So let's say it loud and say it proud; WE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!

7 comments

  1. I love this post. I truly do.
    "but it always takes someone's opinion to change ours. "<- Very true.
    I think your post will affect more girls in a positive way than you may anticipate.
    You definitely lifted my spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO TRUE. I'll admit we're all God's creation, He made us Himself and therefore we are undeniably and undoubtedly beautiful no matter what we think, we are. And always will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely written and right on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you, Hannah! I don't even think direct words have to be spoken to make a girl thinks she's ugly--the wrong impression or the tone of a voice or a certain wording choice--just something simple--have made me call myself ugly. But this was an incredible post. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I absolutely love this post!!!! You are so inspiring and your wqords are genuine and true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog:) I really like this post! If you go to this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpaOjMXyJGk It's really awesome! -Katy

    ReplyDelete