Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

kick the summer bucket

Before I get into this post I first have to tell you all something. Believe it or not, summer is my least favourite season.

Yeah, I told my siblings this and they all though I was crazy. But when I really think about it, I can't really get myself to really like summer.

I just feel so... useless during the summer. The only thing I really have to do is 4-H, but once the fair is over I enter a time of complete boredom.

The only good thing about summer to me is the fact that I have no school, but, again, once the crazy rush of fair week is over I am ready for school to come back.

Summer just doesn't have the same feel that all of the other seasons have.

It doesn't have the nice feel of fall. The though of curling up in a pile of leaves and running through a corn maze. And not the  cozy feel of winter, when you can just sit wrapped up in a warm blanket with a cup of tea and a book, just watching it snow (and christmas, duh!). Or the new feeling of spring, of new life.

Summer is hot and sticky and... just hot.

I'm not one of those really crazy 4-Hers who is so committed to the fair and everything, I just do my projects, go to the fair, and leave. I don't have a job to occupy my time. And we hardly ever go o vacations, so I'm stuck here all the time. (We are actually going to Kansas this year, but I'll write more on that in another post.)

But, I had seen several other bloggers post a "Summer Bucket List", and I though that maybe making my own summer bucket list would help me actually do something.

So... here we go. I might add some later, but we'll see.

//Get back on track with my reading goal, since I'm like 15 books behind//
//Get at least a blue ribbon on all my 4-H projects//
//Get my drivers permit? Maybe//
//Spend the rest of my clothes money at Goodwill and Plato's//
//finish five book series I've started//
//Start and finish the first draft of my book... or at least start//
//Get a job? hopefully//
//Save up for the new camera I want//
//find a French class I can take for school next year, or something else for first semester//
//have a photoshoot on the bridge with my friends//
//Do something important//

Okay. Well. half of these I know will be impossible for me to do, but I can dream can't I?

Au revior!

11 comments

  1. Finally someone else who thinks Summer is the worst of the 4 seasons!!! :) That's a pretty great list, good luck on accomplishing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! :) What's your book about?
    xo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, I need to get my drivers' permit as well! I also should set myself a reading goal...

    And I don't care for summer either; it's smothering and boiling hot where I live. You can't do anything in 110 degree heat!

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tagged you on my blog!
    http://afreemindsw.blogspot.com/
    xox
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree! Summer is my least favorite season of all. After church camp is over, I spend all my time reading, writing, cleaning and finding jobs around the farm to work on:) Glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not ready for Summer! Too hot! I can't stand the heat, :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blech, I don't like summer that much either... no mugs of hot tea, no fires in the fireplace, no gigantic sweaters! I'm glad somebody else thinks this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tagged you over on my blog! :)

    ~Michlyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just sending this out to anyone who's viewed my blog before:
    brooke-dreamingincolor.blogspot.com

    I'd love if you'd follow me! On your Blogger home page, click the 'add' button under your reading list. Type in the URL, brooke-dreamingincolor.blogspot.com and you're now a follower!

    By the way, I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of already follow your blog. so... yeah.

      Delete