Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Inspiration Everywhere!

You know that feeling, the one when you feel like you are just itching to write? Ideas are coming out of your ears, and you have to slap them on a piece of paper before you drawn in them. Yeah. I know that feeling.

To me, this is the best feeling as a writer (Since I've only finished one book it can't be the feeling of typing "THE END", and it can't be the feeling getting an agent [Obviously]), you just feel so inspired And you actually feel like your silly little story might be worthwhile.

Unfortunately, then you have those days where you doubt and discourage your story until it looks as appealing as a Mcdonald's sandwich that has been left in the sun for a week. You would never want to write that! You compare your book to other books ("Oh my book won't ever be as big as The Hunger Games; My book is too much like Harry Potter, people will hate me") until it's dead. Then you sit back and try to write a new idea. But, thing is, you will most likely do the same for this book.

So how do you keep up this first feeling? I don't know. I'm no published author, and I've only finished one pathetic 13,000 word book. But I do have tips. And they are working so far with my book. If any of you have read my post Rekindling the Passion, this is sort of my own answer to my question. How do you stick to a book.

*Get Inspiration. Well, yeah! that's what this post is about. But how do you get inspiration, you ask? Well, I guess people get inspiration different ways. I, myself, keep a blue notebook where I have all my character's bios, and even my outline stuck in the pages. I also glue in pictures I've found on pinterest that inspire me to write my book.

Pinterest is a great source for inspiration. When I'm stuck I just scroll through pins and find some that inspire me to write my book, or remind me of my book. Here is my board for my book if you want to see some of my pictures. I would highly recommend getting a pinterest account for writing, or start a book board like I did.

If there is any other way you get inspiration, please tell me. I'd love to know. :)

*Just Keep at it. Of course you will feel like blah about your story every now and then. It happens to the best of us. But what you need to do is fight through it. I have saved my story several times by just keeping it up. force yourself to work on your book. Then you might actually find some way to improve it and presto! you are back in the happy-and-excited-about-your-book feeling. :)

I would also suggest, if you are really truly stuck, just set it aside for a day or two. I've had to do this a couple times, and whenever I came back an idea would pop into my head and I'd be like "Whoa! Where did this come from?" It only hurts your story if you force your brain to think of something quickly. Give your brain a writing vacation so it can think. (Your brain is your friend)
*
So there are my tips.

Again, if you have any other ways in which to blossom your creativity, please let me know. :)

3 comments

  1. Thanks for this! I'm currently nearly 100 pages into my WIP and not once have I wanted to stop writing so I'm (pretty sure) that's good:) One way I use to hit onto it, however, is write the book YOU want to read, not the book other's would want to read. Well, thanks anyway!:)

    Layla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing this; I just finished my first "novel" (poems and micro-fiction) which consisted of 12,038 words and 122 pages. You gave me hope, because I was thinking that I spent one month (Camp NaNoWriMo) working on a novel and I didn't even reach my goal and oh no my writing is a failure. I know thatI probably won't publish my novel, since I'm only on the first draft and I will probably leave it, but you inspired me as to not regard my writing like "My writing is horrible."

    Smile,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! I am actually now 20,000 words into my book:)! You can't even imagine how excited I am!

      Layla.

      Delete