Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

bye-bye google friend connect

I have seen this rumor floating around everywhere for quite a while. Google is retiring google friend connect! O.o

I hadn't ever really believed the rumor. Google has been threatening to shut down GFC forever, but they never have. But then I read somewhere that they are officially retiring it on July 1st... which means all us bloggers need to transfer all of our stuff to bloglovin' before we loose all of our followers and the lovely blogs we follow.

I just did all that yesterday, and now I've noticed many other blogs announcing that they too can be followed via bloglovin'! Which is great that you all are hearing about this too.

And, so you can now follow me on bloglovin', as you can see from the button on my dashboard. (sorry, my dashboard is a bit cluttered, I plan to organize it soon)

Follow on Bloglovin

I would really love it if all of you would follow me on bloglovin', but I understand that that's a near impossible request.

In some ways, I believe that starting over with followers will be a good thing. All blogs will be equal again. No judging other blogs because they don't have hundreds of followers. Though it is sad for the bloggers who have worked so hard to gain 1000 followers.

Oh well, see you all on bloglovin' :)

6 comments

  1. I read something that they aren't shutting it down...they're just not letting you follow wordpress blogs (or typepad, weebly, etc.) with it. :) I have no idea if it's true or not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I read that too, but better safe than sorry I guess. but one clue that they're going to shut down GFC is that now when you make a new blog you can't get the GFC thingy for your sidebar. It's weird...

      Delete
  2. This is so sad! Oh my. I love GFC. Why would they do this to us?!?!!?! But you can follow me on bloglovin' too. SIGH ... I'm going to have to start moving my fave blogs over there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hannah!
    Gosh! Thanks for the heads up! I followed you on bloglovin...and made an account.
    xo
    Sarah
    http://afreemindsw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. no worries, I'm following you on Bloglovin. Here's my blog URL:
    http://hildald.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea! And I definitely will follow you on bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete