Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Before I Fall

First Line: They say that before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes, but that's not how it happened for me.

About: What if you only had one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all: looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it turns out to be her last.

The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. Living the last day of her life seven times during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death--and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.(Goodreads) 


Author: Lauren Oliver

Pages: 470

Publisher: Harpercollins

Review: When I started this book, I had zero clue what it was about. All I knew was that it was a stand alone, and I loved Lauren Oliver's Delirium trilogy. So i picked it up, and started reading. 

At the start I was a little wary... there were a couple bad words and they were talking about inappropriate things. I was beginning to wonder if I made a mistake in reading this... But then...

The chapters in this book are long! There are a total of seven chapters plus a prologue and epilogue in the whole of the book. In a 470 page book, that means that the chapters are pretty lengthy. each chapter covers one day of Sam's weird experience. And even though she is living the exact same day over and over, each day is super different. 

I would force myself to read, even though I was very scared I would turn to a very inappropriate scene, but the I actually got into the story. Lauren Oliver's writing captured me and wouldn't let me go. I would find myself making excuses so i could read. Once I got into it i read that book in one day! Which is surprising for me with a 400+ page book.

So yeah, there were bad words, the characters got drunk several times and they talked about inappropriate things a lot. I tried to ignore it. But what's sad is you realize that Sam wasn't always like that. 

"Popular" after reading this book, being popular doesn't sound all that great. You're trying to live up to people's expectations of you. People expect you to go to parties, and live up to the "popular" stereotype.

The ending in this book made me want to cry, to throw the book up against the wall. Even though I knew that was how it was suppose to end, it came as a surprise, and I was sad. 

i won't give anything away, but it was beautiful in a sad way.

So once I got into it, I really did enjoy this book. I'd read it again :)  

Just be cautious, there is one chapter I like to call the "Crazy Day". it's when Sam is so annoyed with the whole thing and goes crazy. A lot of not-so-clean things happen, but nothing that bad. I think it was chapter 4 or 5. But it was still important for the story, so don't skip it.

All in all a great book.

Romance: Sam has a really annoying boyfriend, Rob, and really, all us readers want him to die. He's one of those only-likes-a-girl-for-her-body types. Yeah. And there's a bunch of other romantical things. Only a couple of them were the sweet make-you-cry kind. The rest was just strange.

Violence: not really violence, but Sam does die several times.

Other Fun Stuff:
Recommended Age: 14+

Rating:
four apples. :)

1 comment

  1. Yay! I've really been wanting to read this book since I saw it at Target, but I was still a little leery of it. But now I'm totally reading it! Thanks so much!

    Piper♥

    ReplyDelete