Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Rekindling the Passion

You've heard me say it over one thousand times; I love this story, this is the one. This is the one I'm going to publish someday. It's perfect. The characters, the story.... But then eventually the passion wears off and a new idea starts bubbling in my head.

So, here's a question for all y'all. How do you stick with a book. How do you rekindle the passion you have for your book.

I think we all struggle with this problem.

We think that our story isn't good enough, or won't ever compare to this book in the same genre.

So whatdoyoudo?

4 comments

  1. I sereously sometimes have to make myself stick to something even if I don't love it at the time. I don't let myself start another story until I'm at the spot where I want to be in my current book. Normally I make myself finish a first draft, then work on another whatever story is eating at me the most, then come back to story A and write the second draft and so forth.
    :D
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    www.inklinedwriters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way! I will start writing about an idea that pops in my head with full force but then after awhile I think of another plot. That starts me writing about something else. I still struggle with it so I don't have an tips on how to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it helps to take the old plot in a new direction; to try to find whatever "something" you feel is cooling your enthusiasm with its absence, and then throw that "something" into the story. Not a surefire plan, by any means, but who knows? It just might bring the spark back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I wrote a post on this to answer your question ;) just in the ways I thought were best. Here's the link:

    http://simply-hannah-elise.blogspot.com/2013/04/when-you-lose-interest-in-your-novel.html

    ReplyDelete