Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Think of me

"Dear Diary, Today I tried not to think about Mr. Knightly. I tried not to think about him when I discussed the menu with Cook... I tried not to think about him in the garden where I thrice plucked the petals off a daisy to acertain his feelings for Harriet. I don't think we should keep daisies in the garden, they really are a drab little flower. And I tried not to think about him when I went to bed, but something had to be done."~ Emma, Jane Austen

Since participating in Pride and Prejudice, my mind has been having trouble leaving the time period. Last week I started reading Emma, and, the surprising thing is, I'm actually understanding it! (I have discovered that Jane Austen isn't really that hard to read, you know, after you've been practically living in the early 1800's for several months) 

I found this ^ quote when I was finding quotes on Goodreads (there is no way I'm that far yet. I just started the book last week, and it ain't thin) and I liked it. Probably because I can't (cough) relate to it. Just a little bit. But I guess we all can, if we think really hard. We have all had one person who was so strongly on our minds that you didn't want to do anything in the world but think of them.

It could be anyone or anything, really. In Emma's case, someone who she was totally and completely in love with. But, if I'm honest, I've gone through stages of LOTR, OUT, and even (dare I say it) 1D (die hard fangirl here), being things that linger on my mind. 

The annoying thing about thinking of things to the point you would do anything and everything for that thing, you don't really get anything done during these... obsession?



Please tell me I'm not alone here. 

Whether it be a book idea you are absolutely enthralled in, or, like Emma, a love interest. This blog even, I'll admit, has been one.

It's a hard pill to swallow, but this thinking of something so hard can be a form of worship. (I think it's safe to say Directioners worship 1D. If you've ever met a die hard Directioner, you will know that I don't lie. I will never regret leaving that fandom.)  

Think about it. I've tried to tell myself it couldn't possibly be worshiping the thing, but i couldn't deny it. What is worship? 

Worship - the object of adoring, reverence, or regard. 

Thank you Dictionary.com.

Look at the definition, what is the difference between worship and what you're doing with that thing?

Like I said, it is a hard pill to swallow, and i know it's difficult to think you have to completely give up the thing you love so much for the sake of not worshiping the thing. 

There's nothing you can do but pray about it. To ask God  to help you. He knows what you are struggling with, and he can help take that burden off of you.

6 comments

  1. Hmm, Reading, Computer Stuff, Art, and dare I say it...I guess while we're on the subject I have to...Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword....what?! That game it really fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to add writing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, Hannah!

    P.S. I would love to see more pictures of the Pride & Prejudice play :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this! Thanks for sharing! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so true!
    For me, If I really like someone that doesn't like me back (or I at least think) I try to admire their qualities instead of obsess over them.
    This is a good reminder because even if I try to admire them, over obsessing, I still tend to dwell too much time on that specific thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first glance, when I saw the title of this post+ the photo of those plush red velvet theatre seats, my mind jumped straight to "Phantom of the Opera" and the Opera Garnier in Paris! What a treat that the post was about Miss Austen and individuality! I came across your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and (if you like) follow with GFC and Blog Lovin'!

    : signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete