Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Guest post: Don't Go Wasting my March

...I couldn't if I tried. 
Please tell me I wasn't the only one that sang that. 
Hey, wonderful people.
I'm Victoria Horea coming all the way from Little Words and Lessons Learned. I'm writing this little guest post while Hannah is off being her lovely, busy self. 

I'm going to talk about ways to have a productive March. All months, actually. 
Trust me, it's more interesting then it sounds. 
For me, when a new month roles around, I see it as a clean slate, a fresh start, or "a new day with no mistakes in it yet"
That quote was taken from Anne of Green Gables. 
I'm such a book nerd I know...
No shame. 
Anyway, to ensure that you and I don't waste away this month, I compiled a list of tips and ideas to hopefully help us get the most out of each month. 

1. Set goals. It gives you momentum to get things done. It can also push you a little out of your normal routine. 
An example of setting a goal: if you're a big reader, pick out a couple books you've been wanting to read and challenge yourself to have them read by the end of the month. Or, if you're not as big of a reader, just pick one. Reading is a great pastime that also helps you grow as a person. 
3. Take up a new hobby. Hobbies such as painting, sewing, scrapbooking, and collaging.  Awhile back I started painting items for my room and I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I suggest not something too expensive at first, you want to make sure you really like it. 
4. Plan activities with your friends and family. I know that sounds like an obvious one, but planning actual things keeps you accountable for actually following through. I couldn't count how many times my friends discussed doing something with me, and I brushed it off for another time, but then that idea faded away into oblivion. I'm weirdly like a turtle. I just bring my little head into my little shell. Turtles are cute. 
Anyway, hanging out with friends and your family is a great way to boost your mood, get the inspiration flowing, and just to have fun. 
5. Spend time with God. If you have a relationship with God, plan a time each day to spend time with Him(I highly suggest in the morning, because you're fresh). I struggle remembering to have my quiet time with Him, but when I do, I leave refreshed, encouraged, and ready to take on the day. 
6. Treat yourself. I mentioned that you should plan fun things to do with people, but don't forget about having some quality "me time." We can get swept up in the craziness of day to day life, wearing ourselves thin, but finding something that makes you happy, that relaxes you, and treating yourself to it once and awhile is a great way to be refreshed. You seriously deserve it. 
My ideal quality time involves the movie Pride and Prejudice, nail polish, chocolate covered strawberries, and a large bowl of popcorn(sorry guys). 

Well, this was my guest post, I hope you enjoyed it.
Remember, it's never to late to set goals and be productive.
If you want to check out my blog, feel free to click here
Have a lovely day.
-Victoria Horea



7 comments

  1. Good advice. :) I noticed that too: when you spend time with God, you feel different like at peace and a good feeling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice, I will def be doing a few of these. Here's to a great month ahead of us!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Victoria--I *loved* this post! Lately I've been unproductive, etc. . . . I can't wait to start implementing some of my goals, commitments, and stuff, that I made just now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas!! (haha about the song at the beginning.... I actually did sing it after you said that =D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I sang the song too :P

    Lovely post and great tips! I love goal planning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree.. spending time with the Lord in the morning leaves me feeling refreshed and prepared for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to try spending time with the Lord in the morning, usually I spend time in the night.

    ReplyDelete