Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Top Ten Books of 2012

two days ago, we finally said farewell to 2012. It was a fun year. Well, the stuff I remember was fun. But most importantly for me, it was a year I really tried to read more.

This was the first year I actually kept track of how many books I read, and while I highly doubt I've read as much as some people, I think I did okay.

I have read a total of 24 books this year. It's a very sad number, but whatever, I'll try to do better next year.

This year I have found a love for Sci-fi, and I've opened myself to newer book titles I haven't heard of. So really, this has been a big reading year for me, even though I didn't read as much as I wanted to.

And to celebrate me reading more than 10 books, I'm going to post my top 10 favorite books of 2012.
***
Despite the fact I found this book extremely creepy. I must admit it was pretty good. Just a couple bumps here and there, but all in all a pretty great read. 



















9) Wither
I was a bit scared to read Wither. I didn't know what it was about. But by the time I finished it, I was in love. <3












The only thing I really didn't like was the demons, but besides that it was a fantabulous book, and I can't wait to read the sequel.













Despite this being a children's book, I really did enjoy it. it was creative, and fun, and all around a good read.














The Help was a great read. It was funny, and easy to understand, and it had a great message. 














I almost forgot to put Scarlet on the list, but no one should ever forget a great book. Scarlet was a very creative story of Robin Hood and now one of my favorite fairytale retellings.











Who hasn't read and loved The Hunger Games!? With the movie, I'm sure that almost everyone has. And I'm no exception. I joined The Hunger Games fandom.














This book really does deserve a higher rank, but this was the highest I could get it. Just read it, you'll see why I love it so much.













This book was my first try with Ally Carter, and now, she has to be one of my favorite authors. The was that she writes is so... I don't know how to describe it. I just love it. and this story is just... ugh, UH-MAY-ZING!
















1) Cinder
When I was trying to decide which book to make my #1, there was no doubt in my mind, it had to be Cinder. It is, by far my absolute favorite fairy tale re-telling, and it was probably the book that really got me into reading Sci-fi. Cinder will always remain in my heart as one of my all time favorite books.

Other Honorable Mentions

Thank you all for following me, and making 2012 a great year. :)

3 comments

  1. Scarlet sounds pretty interesting...I'll have to read it sometime. :)

    I also need to read The False Prince, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, and The Heist Society. Cinder sounds pretty interesing, too!

    Ohmygoshness The Help is AMAZING.

    Keep on reading,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You post inspired me to do one of my own. The False Prince is amazing and made my list! I was really glad to get an author interview with Jennifer Neilson!
    Heist Society would have made the list too, but I read it in 2011.
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    www.inklinedwriters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twenty-four books in 2012 is great, Hannah! I'm attempting something rather impossible in 2013 . . . reading 110-115 books. Part of my "103 in 2013" and probably NOT going to happen! I'm only four books to the good now.
    Anyway, I added "Scarlet" and "The Help" to my reading list :)

    ReplyDelete