Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

What's December Without Christmas Eve?

source
There's the snow

Look out below
And bundle up
Cause here it comes
Run outside
So starry eyed
A snowball fight breaks out
And winter has finally begun

It's here! Christmas Eve. The final day of waiting, the final push for Christmas...

On Thursday night we finally got snow! The wind, the snow. Ah, it was just beautiful. I wanted to run around and just soak up all the snowy goodness, but it was like midnight, and our neighbors already think we're creeps.

We only got like an inch. But I was happy. 

I twirl through the driveway with angelic grace

Till I slip on the sidewalk and fall on my face

This peppermint winter is so sugar sweet
I don't need to taste to believe
What's December without Christmas Eve?


source
I wanted to run around and just soak up all the snowy goodness, but it was like midnight, and our neighbors already think we're creeps.

We only got like an inch. But I was happy.

Hop in the sleigh

And we'll glide away
Into the night
And we'll sip on moonlight
Runny nose
My frosty toes
Are getting cold but I feel alive

So I smile wide 

A couple presents under the tree, and I'm simply oozing with excitement! Watching my siblings trying to guess what could possibly be in the packages. It's kind of funny actually, especially when you know what's in some of them. ;)

The snowflakes start falling and I start to float

Till my mean older brother stuffs snow down my coat
This peppermint winter is so sugar sweet
I don't need to taste to believe
What's December without Christmas Eve?

source
The beautiful feeling, that Christmas is tomorrow. That the waiting was worth it.

All this holiday cheer

Heaven knows where it goes
But it returns every year

And though this winter does nothing but storm
The joy in my heart is ablaze and it's keeping me warm
It's keeping me warm
It's keeping me warm

We finally get to celebrate the birth of our savior, Jesus. :)

I rip off the wrapping and tear through the box

Till I end up with 45 new pairs of socks

This peppermint winter is so sugar sweet
I don't need to taste to believe
What's December without Christmas Eve?~
Peppermint Winter, Owl City

So, enjoy your family, friends, gifts, and whatever tradition you might have. Christmas only comes once a year, so soak it up, try to remember every detail. And don't forget the reason why we have Christmas. ;)

This is Hannah, wishing you a Merry Christmas, or whatever it is you celebrate. <3 data-blogger-escaped-div="div">

6 comments

  1. Love it! Merry Christmas Hannah!

    ~Michlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Eve!! :) Come and join my Christmas Party. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the song! Merry Christmas (Eve). (Late. ;)

    Love,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I came across your blog and saw the lyrics to Peppermint Winter by Owl City. First thing that caught my eye!

    2013 now, and I wish you only the best this year!

    LW

    ReplyDelete