Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

My Pledge to Write Words.

I love following blogs! If I find a blog (most of the time by a fellow teen blogger) I will follow. :) I follow a variety of blogs, by a variety of writers. And I have learned that my favorite blogs to read are the ones with words.

source
The type of blog that I find myself reading late at night on my tablet are the blogs that have long posts, with words that just flow perfectly together. Words that mean something to someone in their life. Words that just touch people and help in their situations.

I'm the sort of girl who loves to read long books. The thicker the better, I say. and I don't bore you with EXTREMELY long posts, but I want to start writing words.

If I don't write my thoughts down, I will go completely and utterly mad!

I've noticed sooo many blogs, that used to write long posts that I just gobbled up, have sort of changed.

All of these amazing blogs have turned into photography blogs. You know what I mean?

Not that photography blogs are bad, I follow several, and I always enjoy scrolling through the many beautiful pictures. And that's the way that some people express themselves, through taking pictures of the world around them, capturing memories. I enjoy taking pictures myself.

But for these blogs that used to have long posts with words, not photos, I still expect some words.

I'll still follow and look around, but it just doesn't seem the same.

I'm not trying to shoot down these blogs, I just want more words and less photos. A nice balance is perfect.

This is just a pledge to you guys, to promise words, and not always photos. An occasional photography post  might be in order, when I have an exciting picture to show you. But I don't want this to be a photography blog.

Thanks for reading my mindless ramble <3

4 comments

  1. Dear Hannah,
    Yeah I understand what you mean but I also get the feeling that photography is a good thing to post when either you don't have much to say or you don't have much time or you just love to take pictures. I myself have tons of time on my hands and I enjoy using it write because writing is such a joy to do for me that's why I enter practically every writing contest that gets thrown out there :)
    Your Friend
    Poem Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I agree. I myself have done wordless posts when I had nothing else to say, and I do enjoy scrolling through picture posts on other blogs, I'm just saying that I want to start focusing on writing words on my blog.

      Thanks for the comment! :)

      <3

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love this post and your blog! I love words too, and writing is one of my favorite things to do.

    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww, thank you so much Lacey! :) Your blog's lovely too!

      <3

      Delete