Fantasy Gypsy © 2011-2017. Powered by Blogger.

Everyone Needs a Confidence Boost Once in a While

I have a confidence problem. But I guess we all do once in a while. You feel like no one can except you as you.

That's how I feel a lot. I have to go out of my way to make people like me.

I'm also a people-pleaser, and when these two characteristics go hand in hand, it isn't pretty.

Especially with this blog, I see other people who have better blog names, better posts, and more followers, and I automatically think that I have to be like them to go anywhere in the blogging world.

Which is why (as you have probably noticed from the many polls I've had) I have been stressing out over if I should change my blog name or not.

source
I want to be me. My quirky, shy, giggly self.

It's not going to be worth sharing my life with you all if I'm not myself.

That was one of my goals when I relaunched my blog a month ago, to be myself.

Because I struggle with it so.

If you guys can't stand my blog name, please tell me in the comments, or just vote on the poll. I want to keep one name forever, so if I do end up changing it, it will be here forever.

So, please let me know.

I'm trying hard to find out who I am. I like to sew, and knit, and embroider, even though I've never actually learned.

I like photography, but I also love to write long paragraphs too.

I'm not picky when it comes to reading, I love all genres. I'm a people pleaser, but I still want to be myself.

I prefer vanilla over chocolate.

I would rather watch I Love Lucy reruns than Jersey Shores. I'm homeschooled.

I'm different. And that's okay, everyone's different. I just have to be myself. And this blog is helping.

Thank you all for following me. :) I thank God for each and every one of you. With each new follower, I feel more sure of myself, and I'd like to thank you all for liking me for me.

So, this post has turned out to be much longer than I hoped, so I'll close.

Thank you.    

15 comments

  1. I LOVE your blog name!!! Please don't change it. :)

    Have you ever watched The Sound of Music? "I have confidence in [my edited version] God alone!" =D

    Have confidence!
    ~Storyteller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Storyteller :)

      I love The Sound of Music, your edited version is amazing!

      Delete
  2. Very true. Don't change your blog name either!

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lvoe your blog name, I love the way you are. You are darlin, and perfect just being yourself. So stay that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First...I LOVE your blog name! It's awesome. Second, I know exactly how you feel. I have tried to change myself to please so many people, but the end results are never pretty! Third, I too was homeschooled, and give me an episode of I Love Lucy over Jersey Shore any and every time, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Jessica :) (I love I Love Lucy!)

      Delete
  5. Hannah,

    I have been there. In fact, I freaking AM there!!! I struggle with confidence and I struggle with the fear of what people think of me. I, too, and a people-pleaser. It's a hard, hard place to be so I just want you to know that you are never alone. I have issues with it, and so do a heck of a lotta other girls. And it's okay. You should know, too, that you are beautiful and you are loved. And with time comes a bit of healing and loads of freedom. Which is all worth fighting for in the end. <3

    hugs!
    hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a beautiful writer! Me and my friend just live your blog - your topics are real and good to read. I think I added you to my "blogs I heart" page but if not... You will be there soon.

    Keep your blog name, and keep being yourself... It's beautiful!
    ~Michlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michlyn. :) I've been meaning to add you to my favorite blogs list too.

      Delete
  7. Hey Hannah, I awarded you on my blog!
    Emma
    P.s. Great post!

    ReplyDelete